Rad Cat Recall!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rachel, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Thanks Rachel! So nice to see you!!! I hope you and your gang are all doing well. :bighug:

Rachel likes this.
  4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks! The turkey one I have does fall under this recall, Bronx thanks you!

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

I think @MJW feeds RadCat Chicken...

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Thanks for alerting me, the suspect batches were shipped to stores in May and December. I clean my local store out of radcat twice a month, so it's long since gone. Asia probably already ate them some time ago. Current batches in my freezer are good!

8. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Thank you for remembering me! Very scary, but I don't have any of these at this time. I am cooking Yum's in the microwave now, because she is on antibiotics. Maybe I should always cook it. It still has the great carb/phosphorus content cooked.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

Raw should never be microwaved I was told that on another forum. Figured I should mention.

10. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

I'm sure it ruins the great benefits of raw, but I don't see any other issues. Do you recall the details?

11. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Radcat says this on their website. I hope the food is still balanced after I microwave it. Yum will be on antibiotics for 4 to 8 weeks. Some days there are just too many things to worry about.

"On the labels of cooked products, there is a long list of supplements that have to be added due to the destruction of the naturally present vitamins and other nutrients originally contained in the ingredients. Raw food diets should need very little supplementation, if any, if they are formulated correctly. All of the essential nutrients should come from whole food sources, wherever possible."

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  12. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

I feed it but the Turkey containers in my freezer are not included, whew! And thanks!

13. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Hmm, I portioned mine and don’t have the containers, but am almost through my turkey and finished the chicken so hope all is OK. I’ll be buying more tomorrow, so I’ll have to check lot numbers!

14. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

I remember reading that RadCat explicitly says to not cook the food for this very reason. If she is going to be on antibiotics for that long, maybe it is time to consider making your own? Dr. Pierson had some great recipes for partially cooked and I know there are supplements you can purchase for a fully cooked add in.. I had thought about going this route, but I do not have access to quality meat in my town. Maybe this is an option?

MJW likes this.
  15. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

I will contact Radcat.

16. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Radcat said it wasn't a complete food when microwaved. No explanation or suggestion of what I should add to make it complete. I will just feed it to her raw.

17. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

They talk about microwaving it on their website:

http://www.radfood.com/education/feeding

I don't think they know what to tell you to add. Unlike most other commercial foods, radcat doesn't add supplements, they use organs and meat to make up the complete profile, there's just no telling what and how much of what gets compromised when the food is heated, they just know it changes it nutritionally.

18. Nicole Z

Sorry was out of town just seeing this now no, I don’t recall they why reason. Sounds like you talked to rad cat and you’re good now

19. Nicole Z

Sorry was out of town just seeing this now no, I don’t recall they why reason. Sounds like you talked to rad cat and you’re good now

MJW likes this.
  20. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily believe what they said. I am stuck balancing uncertain risks.

21. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this information. All the Rad Cat in my fridge/freezer is included in the recall and is going back to the store today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.