RadCat is closing down production

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & China (GA), Oct 15, 2018.

1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  2. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

We are so so sad! Finally something Darwin will (and can) eat, and it’s gone :blackeye:

3. Chris & China (GA)

I know.....and they never recovered from that last recall so even the stores don't have a lot of it to "hoard"

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Djamila told me about Food Fur Life, and I have sent for the sample to try. You can use this product to make your own raw or cooked diet. Might be a consideration for those who use/used RadCat?

5. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

I just found out today. My local store called me and I quickly ran and got four tubs but that’s all they had. Now what? Ugh. I’m sick over this. I need to buy a food that is thoroughly tested. My other cat Mulan is on atopica for allergies and she’s at increased risk for toxoplasmosis so I have to be super careful with raw food. Anyone know of a raw that’s similar?

6. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

The store near me recently closed and cut off my RadCat supply, but I'm sad that the company is shutting down. It's such a good food!

Right now I'm using Stella and Chewy freeze-dried raw and Instinct freeze-dried raw. You can rehydrate both of them by soaking in warm water for a minute. My cats especially like the Instinct. And I'm working up the energy to start grinding my own raw chicken again.

7. Chris & China (GA)

It's too bad we're all spread out so far from each other......we could "hire" one of us to make it for everybody.....might be a nice little side business!!

8. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

:bighug::cat:;):cat::):bighug:

9. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

11. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

There does seem to be a strong bias against raw food in general ... many of the IM vets I've seen over the years have been aghast and acted like I was feeding the cats poison or something.

After the major food recall and pet deaths 10 years ago, I started reading more about pet food, ingredients, etc. It's mind numbing at times. Here's what Truth About Petfood had to say about the Radcat issue:
    http://truthaboutpetfood.com/rad-cat-didnt-die-it-was-murdered/

Tasha & Darwin likes this.
  12. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator