? Raw crunchy food - Primal Pronto ?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sara and Mr. Kitty, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Hi everyone, Mr. Kitty is doing well but is very sad that he can no longer have crunchy food...we give him pure bites and FF hand selected treats after testing, which he loves, and it got me thinking I should look for a raw food that comes in crunchy form. I searched the forums and found the food chart and it lists Primal Pronto (chx) as 1 carb. Can anyone confirm or recommend another brand I could research? Thanks so much :)

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Some of the freeze dried raw foods are "crunchy." Stella and Chewy's is one brand I'm familiar with. ZiwiPeak also makes an air dried raw. It's not crunchy. It's more like a jerky style treat.

Sara and Mr. Kitty likes this.
  3. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Thanks! I’ll check out ZiwiPeak now. I couldn’t pronounce some of the ingredients in Stella’s so I moved on to Primal - it has a lot of fruit.

4. Jessica Weeks

Jessica Weeks New Member

If your kitty likes crunching on food and enjoys raw why not just add some pure raw food with bones? Chicken wings or necks can be really fun, plus gnawing on the bones is great for their teeth.

5. Sara and Mr. Kitty

We haven’t tried raw but I’m interested in doing more research on why we should. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Primal is not crunchy.

7. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Their primal “pronto” is crunchy, but no one carries it locally.

8. tiffmaxee

I think the Pronto is small round pieces but not crunchy. At least the raw frozen Pronto is. It’s the first raw I bought for mine as kittens. Small Batch makes freeze dried treats that are sort of crunchy. I feed my two raw and they eat Small Batch and Primal.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  9. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Awesome! I’ll check out small batch. My boys didn’t like the primal, but maybe I should try it again.

10. tiffmaxee

I’ve used the duck treats. They are for both dogs and cats. I just checked the Primal site and the only Pronto I see is the raw frozen.

11. Jessica Weeks

Jessica Weeks New Member

Ah, sorry I misunderstood your post a bit. We have been doing DIY raw for over a decade and it has been an amazing change. My cat has been asthmatic his whole life, and it runs in his family, after making the switch and a few household changes I was able to get him off his very expensive asthma meds. He has been med free for years and his lung sounds are amazing. I don't even think the new vet we just saw believed me that he is asthmatic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.