raw meat for dental health

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gwen and Morris, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

I vaguely remember seeing a post around here awhile back talking about feeding raw meat to cats to help with their teeth. I am trying to save up some money so that I can get Morris in for a dental & in the mean time, I have been doing research at this site to find out more information.....that is how I originally found this post, but now I can't find it any more!

Does anyone know about feeding raw meat to cats to help them keep their teeth in good shape? How often should this be done? Should I just take a small piece (stew size?) of raw meat (chicken, beef, etc) & add it in to the food bowl? Any information would be appreciated!

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

yes I believe that's all you need to do. I also heard that raw chicken neck is another good dental tool too.

3. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

raw organic chicken necks are supposedly best...if your cats will eat them. Organic because why I cannot remember but Dr Lisa mentioned something interesting about it once. I've got a pet food store that sells them frozen in a fairly good quantity.

4. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I feed gizzards for dental health. VERY chewy meat - and not expensive at all.

~M

5. Plugbait

Plugbait Member

What do you do about the bone in the chicken necks? I'm thinking of trying to find this item for my 5 cats. I can't wait to call around town asking, "Pardon me, could you tell me if you carry raw chicken necks?" I'm worried everyone will assume it's a prank call and not take me seriously! LOL!

-M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.