Rawz Cat Food - As Fed and Dry Matter %

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I had a nice customer service rep that was able to provide me the following information even though it was classed as proprietary information. Just explained that I had an IBD and FD kitty and a CKD that would really benefit from their limited ingredient food if I could just determine the carb and phosphorus levels.

She didn't give me the phosphorous % but I did get the carb% with the following notes.

Below are the figures you have requested. The figures are given on an “As Fed” (the contents as they are in the can) and “Dry Matter” (the contents when moisture is not factored into the equation) basis. Most veterinarians and nutritionists prefer Dry Matter figures for comparison, but I figured I would give you both just in case. You will notice that the carbohydrate levels are negative numbers. Whenever you see a
    negative number, it just means that the percentage is almost negligible. This makes sense for the
    cans since they are 96% meat – the only real carbohydrate source in RAWZ cans are the fenugreek
    seeds, which have a very small amount of carbohydrates. And we only use a small amount of them,
    so their carb contribution is quite small. Also, the figures I was given were rounded to the nearest
    one hundredth. This could also explain why I might get a negative number for carbs – the other
    figures (which are all subtracted from 100, as well as ash, to get the carbohydrate figure) may have
    been slightly larger than shown, resulting in a negative number.

RAWZ 96% Chicken & Chicken Liver Pâté
    As Fed-
    Protein: 12.35%
    Fat: 9.5%
    Fiber: 0.4%
    Moisture: 76%
    Carbohydrates: -0.01%
    Dry Matter-
    Protein: 51.48%
    Fat: 39.58%
    Fiber: 1.66%
    Moisture: 0.0%