re: Mark's

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by srk4cats, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

This seems to be a very busy thread and I can't find my previous post about Mark's. I called them 1st thing Monday morning and paid with my Visa card. I got neither a confirmation number or tracking number. All they said was that it would arrive either Friday or Monday. Does yours come in the regular mail? Is packed properly for temperature control? Has anybody ever gotten Lantus from Mexico? I live only an hour away from Mexico and everything is cheaper there. There are lots of pharmacies in Nogales and I know people used to fill prescriptions there.

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

My package from Mark's came in regular mail. I can't remember if it was cold packed or not - it was awhile ago now. Lantus isn't as picky about temperature as Prozinc is.

As far as buying from Mexico, I haven't read of anyone on here doing that, but pharmacies there are quite good, so I don't see any reason not to. Good thinking!

3. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Are you using Lantus now?

4. srk4cats

Haven't received it yet.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It will come in a special envelope with a medical grade ice pack included. If you paid extra for the cooler, it'll be shipped in that too.

You can see how they ship on this video:

Check your spam email folder.....the email comes from Canada Post, not Marks Marine Pharmacy

Djamila likes this.
  6. srk4cats

great idea. found it, but there's still some problems with it. It's dated March 8, but I didn't pay until March 12. What a mess! It's not from Canada Post either.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

You can always give them a call. They are super friendly and have always taken the time to make sure everything was right. In the past I usually received a call from them after placing an order to see if I had any questions. One time it was because they noticed hot temps in FL and we decided on using a foam cooler to make sure things were kept cold. Lots of members here use them and so far I have not heard any complaints. I saw insulin that was cheaper from Mexico or India, but the possibility of counterfeit insulin kept me with Marks.

Sorry you have had a bad experience so far with them. Hopefully things get cleared up and the insulin arrives soon.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Can you call the Mexican pharmacies and ask them? Inquire about needing a script, shipping, costs?

srk4cats likes this.
  9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I remember some members getting Lantus in Mexico years ago. IIRC, a prescription was not required to purchase insulin, but a prescription was required to bring it back into the United States. That was then. Rules may have changed. A quick Google search for pharmacies in Nogales should point you in the right direction.

srk4cats likes this.
  10. srk4cats

After my nasty email, I got the emails from Canada Post that it was sent out TODAY! I may go down to Nogales anyway. I haven't been there for a few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.