? Recommendation for good, top of the line probiotic (besides fortaflora)?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by katiesmom, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

Anybody use probiotic else besides fortaflora? Need one asap, don't have time to research all the brands. Katie and her sister having some problems right now. They are on a raw diet, if it makes any difference in choice. Thanks in advance.

2. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Several members here use Renew Life Ultra Probiotics as do I at their recommendation. Company has several variations out there. I chose the 30 billion, 30 day supply bottle. I mix in about 1/3 of a capsule--open and pour--into wet food, seems to dissolve well. I usually add a little water to help it along. I add it to about a teaspoon of pumpkin but have mixed it in with his canned food with no problem.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  3. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  4. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

My vet sells Advita brand. It’s a powder, like fortiflora. And it’s available at chewy.com. I don’t know if it’s good or bad, but I’ve used it when my cat got ABs to prevent diarrhea.

5. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

It’s the one you linked to on Amazon. I don’t really know what the differences are between the formulations. They have a women’s and a kid’s formula in addition to the one for 50+.

6. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

7. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  8. JeanW

JeanW Member

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  9. LeoTheTuxedo

LeoTheTuxedo New Member

I've been using Dr. Goodpet for the last ~8 years. Leo had a terrible bout with colitis and it worked really well for that so I've just stuck with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.