reliOn meters---help?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anonymous, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man I have to learn all these different meters now. Ok some kind soul sent me a reliOn Utima with 100 reli-On confirm micro strips. try as i may i cannot get the strip in the meter so i'm thinking these are not compatible??? I'm sure she must have used them so i'm just lost.

2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

The Confirm test strips are not compatible with the Ultima meter:

Are ReliOn® Ultima test strips cross compatible with the ReliOn® Confirm meter?
    No, they are not compatible. The ReliOn® Confirm testing system does not work with the ReliOn®; Ultima meter or test strips. The ReliOn® Confirm testing system only works with ReliOn® Confirm/micro test strips. When purchasing a ReliOn® meter, please be sure to have the correct test strips.

http://www.relion.com/information/faq-r ... onfirm.htm

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ai yai yai, hope i did'nt break the meter trying to force them in :eek:
    well, now i need a reli-on confirm or micro...put out the word ;-)
    shame to waste the strips.

4. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Lori - we use the ReliOn Ultima and you must get the Ultima strips - there is another one that is supposed to use much less blood and easy to use, etc. but it uses the strips you have.

And the Ultima do have to be coded but the coding is always zeros.\

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is the coding done manually or is it like the accu check which has a seperate code devise for each vial of strips?
    Gosh, i'm getting a whole new education on all manner of meters! wish they were all the same :roll:

6. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

There is no coding to the Relion meters. Maybe you could send them individually to newbies that have financial needs but can purchase one part of the equation (either the meter or the strips, but not both)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

kelly i have to send a newbie kit fully ready to use the moment it arrives. that's my goal anyway. i will buy the meter for one and the strips for the other.
    i just feel like i have to send it that way for now...while i have the resources coming in.
    some folks have sent $ and that is what it's for.
    i even send a toy.
    it's part of the welcome to fdmb thing :razz:

8. vansplic

vansplic Member

I just got a reliOn micro at walmart... it was only $12 and $21 for 50 strips :D... Our funds are very tight until Sept 1st (I only get paid once a month) but would be more than happy to send a ReliOn meter out to you or the funds to purchase one. although I must admit I am blonde so you may need to remind me... but I will do my best to remember!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are'nt you the person i just sent out a newbie kit to this morning???
    i iz gettin all confuzed now.

10. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I am mailing you the one touch tomorrow so you want the relion confirm I mentioned having its almost new and it can use the strips you have you can let me know if not then the one touch is on its way tomorrow sorry I am so late in mailing last week was hectic

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah the relion confirm will put those hundred strips to use. thanks. you have my address right?

12. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes sure do will open box and add the confirm :mrgreen:

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great! muchas gracias :razz:

14. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I still have a Relion Micro meter to send you - sorry I'm so slow, was away for a week and the heatwave made shipping the strips that went with it not advisable. I'll get them out as soon as I can.

15. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

ok....just an fyi...The ultima meter NEEDS coding...or at least when I used it, it did. The micro DOES NOT need coding. That is the one I am using now.

FWIW...I really like the micro!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.