? Relion meters question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tanya and Ducia, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Hello,

I was wondering if I can get some suggestion as to which of the Relion meters requires less blood?

Currently, I am using Relion Prime and my cat would do with different meter for which lesser blood amount is needed. I prefer the Relion brand because 1) it's the economy and 2) Walmart store is literally walking distance from my home and not having a car during the day makes it important point in case I need replacement/strips urgently.

I am also going to switch my Relion lancets g 26 to g28 for the same reason - to reduce daily blood shed. I read several times here that g31 lancets are too small for successful sample drawing or I would opt out for g31, any advise?

I am Tanya, and I am a pokey-holic:oops: looking to reduce the amount of blood my kitty loses daily. :)

Thank you for your suggestions!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The Relion Confirm or Mini need half the amount of blood as the Prime. The Confirm and Mini use the same strips but are just different size meters. I used the Onetouch Delica, a 33 guage lancets for Neko. Since Ducia's ears have learned to bleed now, you should be OK going to the smaller lancets. Maybe try the. 31 g first.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  3. Midnight's Mom

Midnight's Mom Member

I'm using a relion confirm which uses 0.3 uL samples. I use the 31 gauge lancets.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  4. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for advice :bighug: - I am going to raid Walmart tonight or tomorrow.

Midnight's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.