ReliOn Micro vs. One Touch Ultra Mini

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michelle & Prudence, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Hi All:

I was running low on my ReliOn Micro test strips, so I went to Walmart to buy more. My luck... they were out of them and it's 11pm ohmygod_smile So I bought the One Touch Ultra Mini to get me through tomorrow.
    I figured I'd test the two meters when I had to test Prudence's next BG level. When I did... I used the same blood, but got two totally different readings. The One Touch Ultra Mini said - BG 182 while the ReliOn read BG 139. :eek: I knew the ReliOn was correct b/c Prudence started to get hungry. She gets that way when her blood sugar is dropping. Anyway, I just that about what if folks that are using the One Touch is really getting false readings? I see so many ppl trying to get out of the Pink & Red... I wonder if they are using the One Touch?

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The accuracy of the hand held meters is only +/- 20%. You two reading fall well within that accuracy band. To avoid confusion, stick with one meter for normal use. -20% of 182 is 145 while plus 20% of 139 is 166.

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Thanks Larry for the info!

Hugs to the kitties cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.