Remission?? Bg 50-90 ?? Advice please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ross's mom, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross's mom

Ross's mom Member

So I do believe Ross is going into remission after a very short while on insulin he's had no shots for 5 days now but the last two days when I test his Bg he's so low at first he was coming up 133 -186 for two days then he started with 50-81 and today again he was 52.2 I feed him and he went up to 93.3 it just seems so low without any insulin I'm just wondering do I feed him high carb food to spike him would that risk remission ? Or keep with the diet ?Very confused right now any advice would be helpful!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

On a human glucometer, when NOT using insulin, 40-120 mg/dL is considered normal (sometimes even in the 30s). If you get 2 weeks of those ranges with no insulin, he will be officially Off The Juice (OTJ).

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Those are great numbers!!

One of my civvies occasionally tests in the 30's, so as long as Ross isn't getting insulin, those lower numbers are just fine!!

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  4. Wulfwin

Wulfwin Member

My cat Rain recently went into remission after being on a short course of insulin, and she tends to hang out in the low 50's since.

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  5. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.