Rom 10/06 AMPS 218 +5 112 PMPS 279 + 10 254

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sue484, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

2. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

+5 he's 6.2 (112) :cool:.

I have also bitten the bullet and made an appointment next Wednesday with the vet to discuss changing him to Lantus. I have a feeling I will have a fight on my hands.

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

4. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Would love to know what that icon is. It's not showing on my work computer and on my emails it shows someone sitting on a sofa eating popcorn, but I can't figure out what the connection is!!!

5. Critter Mom

The email icon is correct.

I've pulled up a chair ringside to watch the fight ... ;)

Sue484 likes this.
  6. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Ah, it all makes sense now!! . You're a bit early, but enjoy the show!!

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Alexi

Alexi Member

Good luck, I was at the RVC yesterday and forgot to ask about when the Lantus trial will be published, we did briefly discuss Lantus and even for them the cascade rules apply unfortunately. If you are offered Prozinc I would give it some serious consideration as I am finding it a much better option than Caninsulin.

8. Critter Mom

What positive differences have you observed, Alexi?

Mogs

9. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Yes, would love to hear how different it is from Caninsulin as it is still an in and out insulin @Alexi

Anyway, PMPS Rom was 15.5 (279) and +10 14.1 (254)

10. Alexi

Alexi Member

I find it a gentler and more effective insulin so in no particular order:
    Longer duration of action with lower mid cycle drops, improvement in numbers, fructosamine level and reduced or no glucose in urine
    As numbers have dropped fewer early morning slaps in the face for food (got to love 5am wake ups!) as hunger seems to be linked to higher glucose levels
    Increased activity in the cat, improvement in coat and body condition, some days acts like a kitten again, reduced fluid intake, weight gain
    Some flexibility in dosing schedule - useful if you struggle with a strict 12/12 regime

Cappuccino has a late nadir which brings its own issues but others with a more 'normal' response, smaller changes in dose possible to refine the numbers.

Sue484 and Critter Mom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.