Rom 10/07 AMPS 347 +4 142 and venting PMPS 369

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sue484, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Boing.

Sue484 likes this.
  3. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

+4 he is 7.9 (142) :cool:

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Aargh!!! I really dislike my vet sometimes. She just called me about the repeat prescription I put in recently and I told her I had made an appointment for Rom as I want to change his insulin, either by her or by referral to the RVC. She said what are his glucose numbers like and I said up and down, up and down. She then asked how often I tested daily and I said about 5. She said obviously the numbers would fluctuate during the day and that is why he doesn't appear stable and I really shouldn't be testing daily anyway :facepalm:. I said no way am I stopping and she said if Rom's numbers are stable now like they used to be she can't justify changing and will have to refer me. (I can't see any evidence of stability on his spreadsheet though) She was nice about it and tried to explain all about ProZinc but seemed taken aback when I told her I knew all about it and how it works. Maybe I can try that for a couple of months if I can persuade her to prescribe it. Sorry but just needed to vent.

5. Critter Mom

(((Sue)))

I feel for you more than you will ever know.

Is there anything in Rom's clinical signs that you might record to bolster your case for the insulin switch (e.g. lethargic mid-cycle or after larger BG drops while the Caninsulin is at peak effect)?

Mogs

Sue484 likes this.
  6. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not. Rom is exactly the same all through each cycle and exactly like he was pre diabetes. He's still very lazy, loves going out and then staying out all night, still affectionate, loves a cuddle and can purr for England - no change at all.

7. Critter Mom

I guess the main thing is that Rom's happy.

:bighug:

Mogs

8. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

I guess so, but what's worrying me in around this time (22 months after diagnosis) is when Frankie developed neuropathy and I do not want Rom getting it too, and for him to be another victim of my vet's unwillingness to change insulin.

9. Critter Mom

I get so angry when vets turn gatekeeper instead of striving to get the best treatments for their patients.

Is Rom regular poop-wise or does he ever get constipated?

10. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

No, he's never constipated. He goes every day as regular as clockwork.

11. Critter Mom

I asked because sometimes occult neuropathy can manifest as a problem with constipation.

12. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

PMPS he was 20.5 (369)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.