RUMPELTEAZER 1-25-14 CONTRABAND !

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by misty1477, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misty1477

misty1477 Well-Known Member

Did couple extra tests today. Either I didn't shut door good enough or she grew thumbs, pulled over a chair, and turned the door knob.....escaped from her room during lunch and vacuumed some of civies' contraband. Another example of what High-Carbs can do. I have to find a low-carb affordable dry food to be able to leave out for civies sometimes and not have to worry about RumpelT having some.

Testing twice a day now.
    1/2 can FF for snack @ 1:30AM
    1-1/2 cans FF for breakfast

89@ 8:15AM :mrgreen:

1 can FF for lunch + had contraband ohmygod_smile :YMSIGH:

60 @ 2:10PM :mrgreen:

83 @ 4:45PM :mrgreen:
    136 @ 7:10PM NOT :eek: OR :shock:

Interesting to note that she was kind of "lazy quiet" this afternoon.

1-1/2 cans FF for supper

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, DARN. You'll get her back on track. (no, I wouldn't start the countdown again :mrgreen:

3. misty1477

No new countdown....I KNOW what caused it. :roll: :mrgreen:
    She will be back to normal by tomorrow.

As soon as I noticed she had contraband, I thought....I am going to do some tests to see if the HC's really make her BG's rise. I figured it would...wanted to document proof. Can use today's condo as example for other members. :mrgreen:

4. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

The lowest carb dry I've found us evo. Unfortunately, it's not cheap. I also had trouble finding it. My boys liked the freshpets select chicken; my krogers carries it. It's refrigerated; caveat is I'm not positive what the carb level is. Using the relative % of ingredients, it loiks like 7%; but I suspect that's wrong. It was too new 2.5 years ago to be on any of the food listd-may be now. It did help me transition Cass from dry to wet, however.

5. misty1477

My local feed store used to carry it, but they said they stopped after all of the recalls. I could order it online I suppose. And yes...it IS expensive. Wouldn't be bad if I wasn't feeding a crew of 7 fur-balls. :smile:

Was also looking at Young Again Zero Carb. Would have to order that online also .... if I remember correctly. Have been doing so much research on so many different "things" that I have to take care of, I can't remember what I found about what any more. Have sticky-do's (post-it notes) all over my desk...cats keep knocking them on the floor...lord help me if I ever lose one of them!! :lol: :roll:

6. Yes, I believe the Young Again is only available by mail order. And probably more $$$ than the Evo. :sad:
    Purina DM is another option. Low for a dry food. But only available through a vet.
    There seems to be some sort of conspiracy against low-carb dry food users! It must cost a lot to remove the "carbage"?

7. misty1477

Good word, Carl. CARBage. :lol: haha_smiley

8. bookw0rm

Calories come from carbs, protein & fat. Reduce one, increase another. Carbs (in the form of grains, usually) are the cheapest & easiest to obtain.

9. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

You might try baking the canned food on a cookie sheet to dry it out to pilaf or crunchy level.

I've noticed that my cats seem to like the Friskies better when it has dried out somewhat.

10. bookw0rm

11. Taintedhalo

Taintedhalo Member

Silly Rumpel giving your momma fits. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.