Sally AMPS 142

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ter and Sally, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ter and Sally

Ter and Sally Member

Gave 0.25u after she ate last night. Intended to do later bg's but all of us slept through the night together, out cold. She woke us up this morning prancing around like nothing ever happened. Her AMPS is 142. Really wish I knew what went on last night, can't believe we didn't do any tests.
    Being very very conservative, I think I could do a token shot but frankly afraid to do that. Have to get out to work, wasn't planning on this number.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

We all fall asleep now and again. The care giver needs rest too.

I see you skipped the shot. Always better safe then sorry. Looks like Sally likes to roller coaster a bit.

3. Ter and Sally

Ter and Sally Member

Thanks for saying that! I went to work and my husband had tested her a couple of hours after I left and she was in the 500's and I wished I had done even just a drop. But she usually only goes up about 50-100 for breakfast so I thought she might hit 300 and then who knows where she would go if the depot was still working hard. I want to play it real safe after the other day. She seems to feel real good today. That's what counts!

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, I'd say she went low enough last night to trigger another bounce. She seems to be breaking them fast, so I'd set an alarm or two to be sure you get some tests tonight.

Exhausted beans can't care for kitties properly - sometimes you just gotta sleep! No harm, no foul.

5. Ter and Sally

Ter and Sally Member

That was my thought this morning too. No reason she should have been 142 this morning other than that. Glad I only gave her the .25 last night. I'm wondering if maybe instead of going to .50 for her dose I should just revisit the original .25 we had her on when she started Lantus mid January. She was having long stretches of blues and yellows, and what we thought were bounces off the blues. Now I really believe it may be that she was going lower than that, we just didn't catch it. Her bounces got more frequent on .50, and there was one day that we know of where she hit the 60's so technically she should have reduced according to SLGS. The higher her insulin dose went the more weight she lost too, and she starting drinking water, where she normally doesn't go for her water. She literally is not a cat that drinks water. So now would we back off to 0.25 or go back to 0.50 and see how it does through this week? Any harm in going down a 1/2 unit instead of a 1/4 at a time? I'm still thinking about the depot that may be still there from the higher dose that caused the hypo Saturday.
    Her beans have really been over stressed, especially me, and our thoughts are muddled. After this weekend we're now both run down and sick! But Sally is well, and that's what we want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.