Scar tissues and skin thikness

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by rawia, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

Hi everyone:bighug:,

It has been a very long time since i post anything new. I was struggling with bad constipation that Meme had fo quite long time and her numbers was going up and down :(.

What i want to ask about is scar tissues ( i always hear about this but never know what actully look like), i used to shot the scruff area for 1 year and never change bacause it is easier for me. Now it seems that the insullin is not absorbed will!! And i feel some thickness in this area!! Is this thikness a scare tissue!! And is it normal that the skin be thick that way??

I am trying to shot the side of the shoulder now.

What i need to know that if these thickness is going back to normal or it will stay like that and how long does it need to heal??

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Gee I'm sorry I have no idea. I've always shot in the side (the shoulder area) as I was told that it's better absorbed from this area than the scruff. I guess scar tissue could build up anywhere but I have no experience with it.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm not a vet but I think it's possible for local inflammation to happen at injection sites. That can leave thickened tissue, if not true scar tissue, once the inflammation settles. Maybe the thickening can diminish over time but in the interim you can practice injecting in other locations.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I am not sure either, but I am glad that you changed the site to give the scruff area a break. After shooting the shoulders, I changed from that site to the scruff and now I try and alternate Right and Left shoulder with different areas on the scruff to help with any scar tissues and to help with absorption.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.