Scratching

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by G & I, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G & I

G & I Member

I could really use some insight. I have changed nothing but she is scratching incessantly with the veterinary clinic providing no insight. Just a wide variety of creams and pills that are not working. She has scratched herself raw and bleeding in some areas. I keep everything clean but she just won't stop. I may have asked before however I cannot find it. I'm sure this is also contributing to other areas. Have had ears checked as well and nothing appears.

Also what flea/tick/mite control med do you all use?

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I use advantage II. My outside ferals get revolution.

ARE YOU SURE it's not a food sensitivity?

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Food sensitivities can cause this and certain meds as well - for example tapizole for hyperthyroidism can cause a very itchy face. I don't see it in your meds list but it's an example of a side effect.

4. G & I

G & I Member

Have not changed diet, tried to remove items for a few days to see but no change in scratching. Previously cleared up but now back so don’t believe it to be food related.

Do you find Advantage II to be better than Revolution? I was using Revolution for all the little guys/gals inside and out but wanted to know what other options may be better.

Appreciate your time and patience.

5. G & I

G & I Member

As time permits I’ll have to go through the meds and supplements to see if there are those side effects. Thought I had checked before but now just don’t recall. She is not on tapizole. Thanks for the tips.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

My inside cats have only had fleas once three years ago but advantage worked well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.