Sebastian vomiting last night

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Val and Sebastian, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Val and Sebastian

Val and Sebastian Member

Last night Sebastian woke us up at midnight vomiting-- he did it about five times (mostly food, towards the end it was foamy. Sorry, TMI!) After that, he seemed fine. Climbed back into bed with us, purring. But he woke up again at 4am and tried vomiting a few times but nothing came out-- otherwise he was acting fine.

We put him in the bathroom (to try to contain mess) but soon he was yowling and when I went in there, he had pooped on the floor-- it was a little loose.

:shock:

Again, though, he seemed fine. Wanted to be around us, he didn't try to go hide or seem otherwise unwell.

This morning when I woke up he was very active. Blood sugar was 132. We gave him some food and he kept it down in the hour until we had to leave for work.

I'm not sure if he needs to go to the vet. Should we just keep an eye on him?

These were his exact symptoms when he was initially diagnosed with diabetes, but we hometest and his blood sugar has been totally under control.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sometimes cats may eat something bad and vomit. I give my cats 24 hours. If not better after 24 hours then off to the vet. Just this Sunday evening I noted that my civi Lightning had vomited and was lethargic. He was not interested in food and vomited again. The next morning he was fine and still is fine. I did measure his temperature Sunday evening and it was a little high 103 but not high enough for an ER visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.