Seeking help again - Cat peeing on me

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by lks_oscar, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lks_oscar

lks_oscar New Member

Good morning all - Once again I am seeking some thoughts/suggestions/advice... Last Friday, my cat Amigo got into bed and peed on me. I have no clue what possessed him to do this. I have had him 2 years (he's about 3) and never had any issues like this. I had an appointment already set to speak with an animal communicator (yes, mock me if you must :smile:) and she said he was mad at me for not being home enough. I found that a little odd but ok. So I have been trying to give him tons of attention and play time since. This morning, same thing. My alarm went off, he came in and cuddled and then stood up and let her rip all over my comforter.

To answer the obvious questions... The litter is the same I always buy so unless they changed the formula, that is not new. Friday it was pretty clean; today it was dirtier but not so bad they wouldn't use it (I never let it get that bad). There is nothing new that has been added to the house, no other animals even visiting. I even added the Feliway diffuser this weekend thinking maybe that would help. He was at the vet about a month ago, other than a slight ear infection, he was perfectly healthy (although granted we weren't looking at these issues).

I am sure a vet appt. is in order but I was hoping the good people of this board would have suggestions so I am not going in blind to the vet. I don't want to not be able to trust Amigo or lock him out at night (which isn't fair to the 2 other cats). Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

First question...Is Amigo neutered? The reason for asking is that we had the same problem with one of our civies a few years ago that was unaltered when he turned about 2ish he started peeing all over the bed. There was nothing physically wrong with him, so we had him neutered and no more problem.

Mel

3. lks_oscar

lks_oscar New Member

Yes, he is.

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

my Jr started doing that on my fiance a couple years ago. medical problems to rule out would be stuff like urinary tract infections, crystals, etc.....

with Jr it turned out to be more of a behavioral problem. he would wait until i got out of bed and then soon after get in and pee on Raul. apparently he is easily stressed and since he was my fiance's little buddy, the vet feels he chose him to pee on cause he was trying to say "hey, dude, i'm not feeling good about things, can we talk?"

turns out he must not have liked all the noise from the construction going on behind our house and being buried by your mom at birth in the dirt out back didn't get him started off well mentally either it seems.

with a tiny dose of Prozac every evening, my fiance stays dry :)

5. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

The last time that happened here it turned out to be a UTI. It was his way of saying "Hey...there is a problem here!" I think a vet visit would be in order for starters :smile:

6. lks_oscar

lks_oscar New Member

I scheduled one for this afternoon. I hate to hope that he's ill but it would make a lot more sense to me than random peeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.