Sergei's passing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sergei Waddell, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sergei Waddell

Sergei Waddell Member

Ser had started to recover from his last episode. He had began to gain weight, his home tested BGs were remaining in the 90-110 range (OTJ), and he was really starting to act more and more like himself. The past few weeks he was waiting by the door when we came home like he had done since he was a kitten. He woke me at 4am today liking my arm pit, then jumped on my wife's belly as to say 'good morning' in his Big Ser fashion. Then he hopped out of bed and immediately was having problems with his hind legs, which progressed rather quickly to being unable to rise on them. We went to the hospital, and they found a heart murmer, and were quite positive that he'd thrown a blood clot. His feet and tail were getting cold at that point. They suggested more blood work, days in hospital, physical therapy, etc.... but we decided not to put him through any more suffering/embarrassment/frustration. Painfully, we decided to have him put down.

He was giving love right to the very end having bounced back from whatever was ailing him last month. He was never really diagnosed. He went very peacefully around 7am. Already we are missing him terribly.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your help in the past few months.

Keith and Robin and Isabelle(Ser's sister)

2. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Oh no. I am so very sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to you.

3. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Keith, Robin and Isabel)))))

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Just when he was starting to get better....life just isn't fair.

Fly free sweet Sergei....

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Safe journey Sergei land ever so softly...I'm very sad to read this. My sincere condolences.
    jeanne

5. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss.

I hope you can find some comfort that he did have some very good time
    with you and his death was relatively easy.

May all your wonderful memories of Sergei bring you peace...

...'til you meet again.

6. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    wings_cat

7. Mom2Missy

Mom2Missy Member

I am so very sorry for your loss

8. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathy to both of you on the sudden loss of your beloved Sergei. Dealing with a cancer or CRF you at least know that the time may be coming to say goodbye but those sudden clots.....no warning, no sign, they just happen and they can be extremely painful when they are being thrown. I am glad to read that Sergei was not showing signs of horrible pain and clots MAY be treatable but they can easily throw another one. My Hope has Restrictive Cardiomyopathy and I have a strong pain med to give her if she ever does throw a clot. Just to keep the pain down until I can get her to ER. Been through it twice with two other cats and my fear for Hope is having her in pain. I am thankful you were both there when it happened and were able to be with Sergei to say goodbye. My heart goes out to you.

[​IMG]

9. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Keith, Robin, Isabelle))))) AngelWIngs, dear Sergei!! wings_cat

10. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

I am terribly sorry for your loss. Sergei's body is no longer holding back his spirit!

11. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

I didn't know you or Sergei, but I am so very sorry to hear of his sudden loss. I also lost a cat very suddenly earlier this year (to something entirely different), who was doing so well. So I can really empathize with your awful situation. It is a terrible shock. I know you must be feeling heart broken and just full of disbelief. But it sounds like you gave him the best love and care anyone could hope for, and you had the mercy and strength to let Sergei go easily. You done good.

laur

12. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

(((Keith, Robin, Isabelle)))

I'm so sorry to see this. He had fought so hard to this point. Thankfully you were able to get him help right away and his passing was peaceful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

13. Allycat

Allycat Member

Thoughts are with you all during your sudden loss. We know how hard it is to loose a sweet companion so quickly and it is so shocking and hard. I hope you may find peace and take comfort in that you stayed with your sweet companion until the end and that you gave the ultimate gift of love.
    Rest in peace dear Sergei..... thinking of you.

14. RuthV

RuthV Member

I'm sad to hear of this, but glad you could be with him to the end. You did the right thing. I'm sure a cat would choose a peaceful end rather than fruitless heroics.

I hope good memories will soon replace the sadness and emptiness you are surely feeling.

15. Meleksmommy

Meleksmommy Member

You gave Sergei a wonderful life, you have our condolences for his passing.

16. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((KEITH and ROBIN))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wrapping you in cyber hugs. I am so very sorry for your loss. Sergei is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon

wings_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.