Set up Winter/Spring schedule for Shaak

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA), Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

It took me a couple of days to get rolling, I have now set Shaak and myself up a new schedule for seeing to it I get her shot in.

I have been taking AMPS and PMPS and then not giving shots for different reasons. Basically, sadly, because I was just too depressed to get with it, I would skip a shot because I had to do something for my ex, I would skip a shot because when I drop Braiden off at class 15 miles away I have to then drive quickly home and take blood and then quickly back to pick him up and then quickly back home to get shot in, I was doing this easily in the Spring last year, but this year I have to admit I am just plenty depressed and can't get moving on anything, from cooking dinner for my kids, to doing laundry, cleaning bathroom or bedroom, and not giving Shaak her shot and then not being able to stay awake to check her blood,(I fall asleep at the oddest times, my doctor has tweaked my medicines and we are hoping that fixes the problem, otherwise she wants to test me for narcolepsy, I am praying this is not the case, I have too many other health problems to deal with this one as well)

Anyway, with the new schedule I have set up all errands and stuff to be able to fit in shots, and by golly I will get the BG checks in, I can have my son shake me awake if I have to. The only day I could not work out an evening shot is Wednesday evenings. Kirby has religious education classes from 6- 9 on this evening. I can't fit the shot in and be able to check her BG. I would give the shot later in evening, since with Novolin N being so fast acting and short duration I could probably give evening shot at 11pm and still give morning shot at 8am. but maybe not, too scared to try this approach for fear of a hypo.

Please say prayers for me to be studious and work as hard as I did last Spring to get Shaak OTJ. Also, prayers would not hurt to be asked that I get busy on housecleaning and cooking dinner, I am always glued to TV watching all the junk about Trump, oops.. Pres. Trump :rolleyes::nailbiting:

Please pray for me in all ways.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble, Cathie! Sending tons of prayers that things start to look up for you and that your health is okay. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I'd be interested to hear more about you being tested for narcolepsy. I have been experiencing very similar symptoms for over a year and my family is pushing me to talk to my doctor about the possibility of my having narcolepsy. It's really terrible, I'm exhausted all the time and I fall asleep in the middle of doing things. It's not like just being tired, I literally cannot stay awake. You have my empathy, I know what it's like! I'm very lucky that I don't have to worry about a job or child care on top of it.

4. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Thank goodness not too much to a job for me. I am on disability but I do minimal work for a friend that owns condos, I pick up supplies for his tenants and deliver them to him. Only five condos, so only normally a once a week gig. He is trying to sell them so eventually I won't have to worry about that.

I will let you know what happens with my doctor @Squalliesmom :bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  5. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Cathie, and good luck! Lots of prayers and vines! :bighug:

6. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

PMPS 296

+1 300

I don't normally do a +1 so I am hoping she will be down at +2.

7. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

8. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

These numbers are kind of new to me, I just realized by the time I had started feeding Shaak 8 times a day last Spring she was already in low low numbers, so now I just realized this and I am realizing she is steady at the 300 mark basically, if you account for percentage on either side of 300. So I am thinking I might should be giving her as much as 2u.

9. Squalliesmom

Cathie, she's gotten down to 150-165 range a couple of times the last few days - I think I'd maybe try 1.5 for a few days first and see how she does with that. I don't use Novolin but I know it's dosed similarly to Vetsulin, and has that same steep drop.

10. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.