Shaved patches not growing back

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BaileyUK, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Member

The vet has shaved a patch on Baileys back (he said for ease when giving his insulin shots) and shaved part of his neck,and strips on both legs when he has been in for curves,and blood testing.This was done without our knowledge,we were very upset when we went to collect him,but the damage had been done.This was almost a year ago,and the hair has not grown back,has anyone experienced similar,and if so have you found anything to apply that will help his fur grow back?
    Just thought it was worth asking. Diane & Bailey

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

No Sorry. I don't know of anything you can apply to make his fur grow back.

Wink has always grown back his shaved spots. Takes a couple of months to grow the fur back in. He did need to get better regulated before his fur would grow back. While my Wink was in the higher BG ranges, the fur would just fall out in clumps.

3. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Member

Thanks Deb,am pleased for Wink that his fur has grown back,and his beauty has been restored,hopefully somebody will come along with the answer to bald patches! D & B

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I was just mentioning Wink, because I was thinking that once the BG numbers are better regulated, if the fur might grow back?

5. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Member

Hi Deb,hadn't thought about that,you are possibly right.

6. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue with a pet rabbit. Seems she was investing all her energy in her other systems that fur replacement was way down the list. With her better numbers (this dose looks good so far) she might start to replace it soon.

I would try and get some spot checks more at night though, i worry she may drop too low then as many cats do. Don't assume nadir is always at +6. Try and get some tests later at night and earlier during the day to be sure.

Wendy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.