? Shooting late?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Coda (GA), Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda (GA)

Coda (GA) Member

So most days I give Coda his Lantus shot 7:30am/7:30pm because those are the most consistent times during my week. However on Tues/Thurs for PM shot, I won't get home until 8:30pm (or sometimes as late as 10pm like today).I already gave him his shot 2.5 hours later than scheduled without thinking about it until now.. do I need to be careful about AMPS shot tomorrow? Should I skip/ lower/ increase/ or stay the same and shoot as normal even if his shots are late 2 times a week? Should I be worried tonight? For future, I will make my best effort to get home as early as possible (hopefully by 8:30), but what should I do about shooting late?

2. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry no one responded to your post. I would suggest posting on the lantus forum as well. You may have done that already. What did you decide to do and is your kitty OK? I use a sliding scale for prozinc so not sure about Lantus dosing.
    I would read the numerous stickies on the Lantus forum if you have not done that already.

3. Coda (GA)

Coda (GA) Member

I gave him his normal dose shot but now worried about what to do if it effects. He's new to insulin at low dose with high numbers, so not *too* worried about hypo but want to see how to keep him at consistent dose. Good idea! I'll post this in Lantus forum too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.