Shot Timing Advice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CathyCat, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CathyCat

CathyCat New Member

I need some advice about timing my kitty's shots today. She had her morning shot at 8:15 am after her breakfast. I am going out for dinner tonight, I have to leave the house at 5:40 and probably won't be home until after 9:00. If I wait until I get home to give her dinner and her shot then she will be really far off the timing that I have to use on weekdays (7:00 am and 7:00 pm). If I give it to her early, then I worry that it will be too close to her morning shot and she could go low. What does everyone do when they want to have a bit of a life?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You can only shoot 15-30 minutes early provided the preshot is high enough to shoot. You can adjust 30 minutes every 24 hours. So if you are home by 10 you could shoot at 9:30 tomorrow morning and 9:00 Monday morning. Since that won’t work it’s Best you skip since you are new to this. Tge other option is an 18 hour shot but that never worked well for me. I don’t see a spreadsheet so I would have to say skip tonight.

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

When I've had a dinner out (rare occasions) I've skipped Teasel's shot because it was less hassle than moving his shot time in increments. He's always weathered these with no problem. Think of it as a "fur shot". ;)

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. CathyCat

CathyCat New Member

OK, thank you both for your help. She will have a vacation from her injection tonight and I will feed her the lowest carb variety of wet food that I have.

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hope you thoroughly enjoy your evening out! :)

Mogs

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I not infrequently adjust the Levemir dosing of my three cats since I have a late night. Last night they got their food/shots at about 6:30PM vice 3PM. The PS' were a little high as expected. I just gave a little less Levemir since the next morning they were back to their normal 3AM/3PM schedule

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.