? Should I Be Concerned?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by H.M. Victor (GA), Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

So while trying to do Victor's test at +2 after his PM shot, he was putting up a fight again and wound up making a small puncture on the knuckle of my thumb with one of his claws, enough to make it bleed just a little. After finally managing to prick him and get blood, he kept flicking it off and after getting the test done there was blood on the spot where he'd stuck me with his claw and I don't know if it was just my blood or if some of his landed there when he kept flicking his ear (there was some of his blood elsewhere on the same hand) and I just wanted to know if it's anything to worry about if it was some of his blood, since it was on a spot where he punctured me with his claw.

2. MizzKitty

MizzKitty Member

I would say you're fine and it's nothing to worry about. I feel like by the time the ear flicked blood landed on your knuckle, your body would have mostly clogged up the opening with dried blood and sealing it. If you're super worried I'd call and ask a doctor for a second opinion since none of us are doctors. But I really think you're fine.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You may have a sudden craving for tuna for the next few days and think that a sunny spot on the floor is a purrfect place to nap, but other than that, you'll be fine :):):)

We've all done it.....there's really nothing to worry about

Veronica & Babu-chiri likes this.
  4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I've had so much cat hair, blood, saliva, pee, poop, vomit and who knows what else on - and probably in - me, and I have survived. ;)

Now, if you get bitten by a cat, that can be dangerous.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry. :)

6. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

When Bama gets too wiggly during a test, I swipe his blood onto my hand or finger and test from there. Usually I can work in some ear scritches while firmly hanging on to the just pricked ear. That keeps him from flicking the blood off until I can move the meter with strip inserted to the blood spot on his ear. Oh, the places I have found little spots of dried blood...on the floor, the walls....BTW, try to barely insert the strip into the meter before you prick him. Get it in just enough for it to rest in the slot but not enough to cause the meter to recognize it and start its countdown. That way once the blood spot beads up, you can push the strip in all the way, pick the meter up and siphon the little sucker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.