Sick or Hurt Kitten

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tonya & Lexie, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonya & Lexie

Tonya & Lexie Member

I haven't been on here for a long time, but now I have a kitten that has been living on my patio for the last few month who is either sick or hurt. She has been very active and playful until sunday night when she appeared to have a slight limp. Mon morning she didn't seem to want to move at all, but she is eating well. When I got home from work she appears to have moved around a little to use the litter box, but she seems like she is in pain. Just about an hour ago I check on her and feed her and she got up and walked a little. It appears that the left side both front and hind legs are hurting her. I don't have the funds to take her to the vet and I was hoping that someone might have some insight as what to do. I don't want her to suffer and I have found that animal control will take her at no cost since technically she isn't "my" cat, but I also don't want to be rash I want this little one to have a life if possible.

Any thoughts or advice is apperciated

2. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Hi Tonya

She needs medical care, perhaps urgently. (Well, certainly urgently if we consider pain to be urgent.) I would take her to the shelter; she may be treated since she's young and otherwise adoptable, or if her injuries are too great (if she's not walking because of internal injuries, for example) she will be humanely euthanized so she no longer suffers.

I'm sorry, no pretty decisions here, but please do take her in. They will make the decision on her ability to be treated or not, and you will have done your part to prevent her further suffering either way.

3. Tonya & Lexie

Tonya & Lexie Member

Thanks Jess for the advice I did take her to the shelter first thing this morning. I could let her suffer anymore. I was glade that they said that they would treat her if she is treatable and put her up for adoption in about 5 days. Either way I know that she isn't going to be suffering. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.