Skinny but diabetic

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Percy, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Percy

Percy New Member

My skinny 11yr old Siamese has suddenly started eating more, drinking a lot of water and peeing a lot. Her lifelong companion died of diabetes 3 months ago. I'll take her to the vet today. Is it possible to control diabetes with diet only? In the country where I live, vets are super expensive. My cats have had nothing but dry Royal Canin food for years, then got them on wet food, same brand, then the trouble started. Could that be coincidence?

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Percy and kitty. I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost a dear pet to diabetes so recently. I'm glad you found FDMB so that you can get answers to your questions. If your kitty has been diagnosed with feline diabetes, members here can help with cost saving tips and help you learn to manage kitty's treatment. Most of us here share what works for us and what has not worked. It all helps. A low carbohydrate wet diet is best for our sugar cats, and all cats ideally. There is a food chart here on the board where you can look up the brand/type you have been feeding to determine if it is low carb. Please post in the Main Health forum HERE with your questions and concerns, so that more members can provide some input. We are here to help!

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. What country are you in? The best diet is a low carb wet food or raw food with the needed nutrients added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.