Smokey Success!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tbarry, Dec 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tbarry

Tbarry Member

11:05 first b/g success! 377 after chasing over an hour! 6 hours would have been 10. Worried I hit the vein there was a lot of blood. Is this something I should be worried about? Put pressure on it. I didn't see anymore blood. After I finished he just sat there and refused treats. Told him he was a very good boy.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good job I have high a vein before just put pressure on it like you did.
    You can buy neosporin pain relief ointment , it has to be the Ointment, not the cream
    Just put a thin layer on his ears if needed

Tbarry likes this.
  3. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Yeah Sweet Smokey Success Party :bighug:

Tbarry likes this.
  4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I hit the vein several times. Just make sure you have a napkin or cotton ball to wipe away the extra blood from the ear after you get it on the strip. Otherwise if Smokey decides to shake his head, it will look like a scene from CSI. It's amazing how a drop of blood can spread so far. :eek:

Tbarry likes this.
  5. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

I hit the vein quite frequently too. I’ve often thought about the blood splatter patterns on some of my walls too ;). I always put pressure on the test spot from both sides with a soft tissue to help stop the bleeding while distracting attention from the ear with chin scratches (her favourite thing ever)

Tbarry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.