? Snickers - safe to inject? amps 432, +6=175, pmps 121

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SingsToCats, Apr 7, 2020.

1. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

I tested him about an hour ago and was afraid to inject him. He drops lower at night, I'm afraid he'll go too low. Is it safe to inject him? It's 11 pm where I am, I won't be awake to watch over him.

I'm really confused about days when he keeps dropping for 12 hours. I don't understand what's happening.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Since you won’t be able to monitor and you have not shot this low before, I would skip tonight.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

One option, if you haven't fed yet, is to wait 1/2 hour and test again, to see if he's started going up. Then you might be able to shoot something. With a skip he'll likely be very high in the morning.

4. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

Thank you both! I decided to stay up with him a little while. He ate at 1 am so I tested him. He was over 500! So I gave him his normal shot.

How very weird cats are.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you shot at 1 AM last night, you have to wait 12 hours for the next shot, so 1PM. How many hours after your regular shot time is 1 AM for you?

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m glad you did shoot. I was just concerned when you said you were going to go to bed soon.

7. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

tiffmaxee - I'm glad I decided to stay awake. I could tell he felt bad at 1 am.

Wendy - I did give him the next shot at 1 pm. We were giving injections around 10 or 11. He doesn't always eat when we want, so the time drifts forward. Then we gradually work it back.

At 1pm he was 342, at 7pm he was 332. I hope he's not too high at 1am.