So glad to find this forum-just diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TechieGirl, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechieGirl

TechieGirl New Member

omg omg OMG! A real forum that's current, with real live people and information and is easy to read and not the hell of Yahoo groups! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! :)

I'm Joyce and my cat Puck (one of my "herd" of eight) was just diagnosed with diabetes this week. She has been on Prednisolone for IBD for about a year and I guess that's probably why she developed diabetes. I have so many questions but I will post those in the main forum. Right now I don't even know what to say or ask - I am so overwhelmed on the changes and the new meds and insulin the vet wants her on and the cost - omg the COST!

So anyway, looking forward to being here and getting to "know" you all and learning tons. Thank you in advance!

-Joyce and Puck

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.
    We've got ways to reduce costs.
    - over the counter low carb food such as Friskies pates or Fancy Feast Classic pates (return the Rx stuff), and see Cat Info for why no dry food.
    - Lantus and Levemir from Marks Marine pharmacy, in Canada
    - Home glucose testing with an inexpensive human glucomete like the WalMart ReliOn Confirm or Confirm Micro (you don't need a pet meter)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  3. TechieGirl

TechieGirl New Member

Thank you! And I actually already have a glucometer because I am diabetic so great to know I can use that and not have to buy the AlphaTrak. yay!

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

That's terrific. Take a look at my signature link Glucometer Notes about using them on cats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.