Someone Peed on my meter!!! R u kidding?!?!!?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kays8cats, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

as if all this what meter to use is not bad enough---- I had left the meter on a table last night and went to test Elmo this am and the whole case is soaked!! WHAT?!!

The NEW meter I just bought from Hocks!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So I cleaned and dried it the best I could . YUCK.

Time to go back to bed ( sigh). :-x

2. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

:lol: Kay, OMG, that was probably the best chuckle I've had in quite a while, but I know it must be unbelievably frustrating for you! Hopefully it still works! If it makes you feel any better, I tried changing from unclumping litter to the clumping kind when Max was first diagnosed. And then two days later I went to scoop the box, and our boxes are the covered kind. One of my cats had peed in the reservoir on the TOP of the lid, the part that the handle folds down into. Of course, i didn't see the pee until I'd already put my hand in it--that was beyond gross! Needless to say we stopped using the clumping litter that day.

Anyway, sorry for the rough start to your morning! I hope your day improves, and there is no more pee on the meter! :D

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. I'm doing my best to stop laughing, because I know to you it isn't funny. But I guess that just shows you what they think of home testing!

Hopefully it still works.

4. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

Ha..........it's ok I had to laugh too otherwise I would have cried and 630 am is too early to cry hahahaha!!

The meter works for now so.....

Since the numbers I am getting with this meter seem to be closer to the real thing I think I am going to start him on the brand new Prozinc I got from the vet and start a new........

I work all weekend so do not want to start new insulin til lI am home..

I still cant believe the pee thing!! It was perfectly peed on, nowhere else but on the meter and case.......

5. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Yep, when they get mad, they can pee on a target the size of a pin, I think! When one of mine peed in that reservoir on top of the litter box, not a drop was spilled outside of it...which is why I stuck my hand in it before I saw it. I'm glad you could laugh about it tho--that's all I could do with the litter box too. Laughing is always better than crying! :lol:

6. Theresa and Simba (GA)

Theresa and Simba (GA) Member

7. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

8. JeanK

JeanK Member

LOL! Boy, they do have a potent way of making their point, don't they?

I had one girl who used to take a protest poop in the cat carrier every single time I had to take her to the vet, and I swear it was stickier and stinkier than anything she ever dropped in the little box. She was so predictable that after the first few times, when we got to the vet, the techs would just come get her so they could clean the carrier (and her) before we saw the doc.

9. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Who says animals can't communicate? :D

I was caring for a friend's cat one time and this cat loved attention ... and demanded it, in fact. As I was on my knees scooping the litterboxes, he jumped on a box next to me and kept interfering with my activities, so I gave him a few head scritches then gently nudged him aside. He turned around, lined me up in his sights, and sprayed me square on the cheek. With urine dripping off my face, yes, I temporarily ceased what I was doing and looked directly at the cat. I swear there was a smirk on his face. After the shock wore off (and after I'd washed my face), I had to laugh. Cat - 1, Human - 0.

Yes, I DID get the message. Loud and clear!

10. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Wow - I agree - now that IS communication.

Sorry - but you have to admit it is funny.

Hope it dries out and works okay.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.