? sometimes kitties have diminished-appettite days

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TheBowHuntress, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Gobbles has been doing great. Today, other than eating 1/2 can of FF LC, he just browsed--kept his usual "picking cans out of the cupboard" routine (opens cupboard and knocks cans over); I opened 4 different flavors throughout the day and he begged then ate a little bit. I did, however, give him nibs of raw steak after each test today and after his shot. And one hard temptation treat before I left for a two-hour shopping trip (worried his BG might drop as I left the house at +4). My husband I noticed he is not "inhaling" water since at least over a week ago. Some days his pee is "normal" and some days, an ocean. I check his ketones nearly every day and the tests are always negative. Of course, at dinner tonight, I'm sure he'll beg. He has been preening, being social, playing and not hiding. He's quite tolerant of high numbers--he only gets the "lethargic" look and sleeps deeply when he is over 400. Should I be concerned?

2. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

I've read and re-read the sticky on "pancreatits" and he has a few of the symptoms...maybe he's just having an off day...maybe I should give it a day?

3. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Give it a day, Tiggy is the same. Sometimes it's a furball. Sometimes it's his BG... When he is high he eats more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.