Spot's BG is 41 @+5; 48 @+5.25; 60 @+5.5

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by SpotsMom, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

So this is a surprise! After so many days in the blue, I didn't expect a lime green today! Trying to gently steer him upwards with a couple tablespoons of his high carb food. So far he's asymptomatic.. chasing the birdies through the window!

Hoping for a nice slow rise :nailbiting:

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Amazing! Isn't it crazy how that happens sometimes? And you did just the right thing steering him back up and reducing the dose even though he was high. My guess is he'll stay high tonight, but what a great ride today was! Scary though...you deserve a glass of wine and a good rest!

Djamila and SpotsMom like this.
  3. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Well now I really need that wine. My dog just got skunked!! What a day!! :eek::banghead::banghead::banghead:

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a surprising number! Kind of came out of nowhere!

And your poor dog! And you for having to deal with that now!!! Definitely a wine and chocolate night at your house!

5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

AHHHH!!!! Oh I'm sorry to hear that!

6. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

And we have a dark green today on the reduced dose. Still weird that all of a sudden he went from nice safe blues to 2.5u being too much, but I guess that's just part of the game. I don't mind stepping down in dose, especially after a few weeks of increases. He went from 1.25u to 2.5u in a month, and now back down... he just likes to keep me on my toes!

Djamila likes this.
  7. Djamila

How’s your dog today?

8. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

He's much better! He got 3 baths last night and won't step off the patio today, but otherwise fine! I just hope he learned his lesson LOL

Djamila likes this.
  9. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Well his PMPS tonight is 141... I’ll check again in an hour but wow! What is happening?!

10. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

And now only 173.... I think I’m gonna go with a reduced dose instead of skipping altogether. I hope that’s not a mistake. I have no idea what to expect anymore!

11. Djamila

Wow! These are fun surprises!!! For what it's worth, I think you made a really good decision for the amount of the reduction given the sudden shift in responses. It's always kind of a guess on those doses, and you wont' know until hindsight if it was the right amount, but I think it was a good place to start. Can't wait to see what you get tonight!

Rachel and SpotsMom like this.
  12. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

173 at +3. Exactly the same as the last one haha. Not sure what to make of that. I’m curious what the night will bring too. Gonna try for a +5...

13. Djamila

Well, that tells us 1.5u isn't enough right now, and it also tells us that a low PS isn't too much of a concern. So next time that happens, you could try doing just a small reduction like 0.25 or 0.5 and see how that goes. This is how you figure it out: try something, and then look at what happens and make a plan for next time. My hunch is the 2u isn't going to be enough, but I don't mind being wrong if Spot wants to show us some greens today! :D

SpotsMom likes this.
  14. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Doing great! :)

SpotsMom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.