Spunky may have Thyroid Cancer.... Please say a prayer!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Carol-Charlie, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

It's like she finally listened to me... he's been getting his meds regularly... without fail (except for the few weeks when I was literally shoving 'liver' paste down his sweet throat... He hates liver. She been checking and checking with other vets and experts for several months.... now she says... OMG he has been getting his meds and it's not responding... his Thyroid level is at 33 yesterday...... She says it's definately time for him to get the Thyroid I181 (is that right?).... I've got a call in to pull money from my retirement... I can't lose this guy... he's down to 8 pounds... but is feeling better... as far as I can see.... my poor baby...

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Carol, I am sorry that this may be but I will send hope for good advice and successful treatment

Jen

3. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

(((Carol))) My Keesha's T4 got up to 32 at one point. It's heartbreaking.

So your vet wants you to look into the radio iodone treatment, the I - 131? If that's the case, you'll need to have xrays done and full blood work, I know the clinics will not accept kitties unless thier kidneys are good. A couple of mine could not get the treatment, but my little man Gett had it done this past January.

I missed him for the few days he was at the clinic, but overall I'm glad we did it.

I feel especially close to your Spunky because in the past I've told you that I had a dear sweet Spunky, I lost her in December, but she was my love since April 26, 1995. I'll never forget the day we adopted her. Every time I've seen your posts about Spunky, I've always smiled, we had a girl and a boy Spunky :)

4. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Carol)) Did the vet say cancer? I hope it isn't. That thyroid is a tricky thing. I really hope Spunky will be okay...keep us posted please.

5. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

Prayers on the way.

6. Carol-Charlie

Yes she said cancer.... I'm trying not to let this get me, yes it's I-131 she said. My bad the I181 thing... I'm seeing this as turning out okay for him... I won't make him move when I make the bed anymore... if he'll ... Oh heck... Have to wait for the Doctor to call... Monday... Thanks for your prayers everyone...

My original name based on his being so full of Spunk.... led to his name... and I know now, every life should have a furry Spunky in it....

7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

adding my prayers...

8. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

((((Carol and Spunky)))) My thoughts are very much with you.

9. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Prayers to both you and Spunky.
    Dana

10. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

i am there beside you guys

11. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Oh, no, Carol - I just came over here to Health and saw this. You said the last time we talked that Spunky wasn't getting any better.

I'm sending soooooo many healing vibes and non-cancer prayers and vibes to you - so hope that it's something that you can more easily treat.

Hang in there, kiddo - keep us posted.

Hugs to you and many scritches to Spunky - paw pats and whisker kisses from Dude & Mittsi.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

12. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG I am so hoping vettybean is wrong...

When you take him in for I-131, make sure you find a place that does the Technetium scan beforehand. That is how they determine if the thyroid tumor is cancerous or not.

I know Spunky is in good hands.. Crossing all paws and sending cyber hugs..
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((CAROL TOM and SPUNKY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

13. boobookins

boobookins New Member

sending Spunky some prayers,

14. Carol-Charlie

Thank you all my special family here on FDMB... My very special personal friends, for whom I am eternally grateful. Spunky and I had a talk...He said... "If you'll just keep taking the 'litter' I put into my water bowl out for me..... I'll keep waking you up to do it for years to come.".... He's my sweet boy.

The vet said that I-131 will 'cure' him of the cancer..... She has been so wonderful with Charlie and his diabetes treatments and up until this past year... great with the other boys too. She was just so convinced that I wasn't getting the meds into him.... Then when I said that he was taking them well... she said the mixing it with food was the problem.... etc... This has been one year of effectively nothing.... At first I thought it was grief over Charlie.... as it appeared to start last August, right after he left for the bridge.

15. allie and newkitty

allie and newkitty Member

I am very sorry to read this, Carol. I will say a prayer that Spunky has a great outcome and many more happy, healthy years with you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

carol of course i'll keep both you and spunky in my prayers. as well as our fingers and paws crossed. your such a loving nurturing mama bean, spunky is so very blessed to have you.
    and you him.
    healing vines,
    lori
    and tomtom too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.