squishy day 11

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sugarsquishy, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

Hello everyone!! Well it has been 11 days since my little sugar baby Squishy has needed any insulin. He has been doing very well!! His diarrhea has gone away also!! He is playing and having fun, eating regularly, and just being his little old self again. I would love to put the OTJ symbol beside this post, because i truly believe he is OTJ. I did miss two of the morning bg readings, only because my little squishy was not letting me get near his ear with anything!! haha. Is it still safe to say he is OTJ? My husband was able to get the pm bg readings on those two days, and they were good numbers. Please let me know what you all think!

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Go squishy! This is so exciting to hear! I would personally call it OTJ since his numbers are so low off insulin!!!! dancing_cat

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Nope - you aren't officially OTJ until you reach 14 days! So only 3 more days to go!

4. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

i was told 10.

5. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Congratulations! He is doing just awesome, I'm so happy for you guys! :RAHCAT

Whatever the official # of days is, he'll get there! Keep up the good work, Squishy! :D

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

In lantus we wait 14 days. This is done for several reasons, but mainly to ensure that the cat can handle things on their own. There have been several trials and get to day 11, 12, 13 and something happens and trial is aborted.

With Maui, she ate dry food and had to abort.

So, it's just a pre-caution and sorry to poop on your party. But think of it this way - you'll have a real good party on Day 14!

7. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Yippee!!!!! It's day 14, it's official now!

Congratulations!! You must be so excited! I'm so happy for you, Squishy is doing awesome!!!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT
    party_cat party_cat party_cat

Party on PZ Island for Squishy!

8. jennie & Spanky

jennie & Spanky New Member

What brand, type and amount each did you finally decide worked for Squishy?? I can't seem to have that kind of luck. I am VERY strict with his food, no snacks, lo carbs and STILL, his BGs are high. Thanks!! And, you are a VERY lucky person. Congratulations!!!!!

9. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

umm well if you take a look at my spread sheet i was decreasing his dose near the end. i stuck with 1 unit of PZI for a while. it is good to stick with a does until you need to lower it(at least a couple of cycles to see how it really works). i was pretty strict with his diet also, as far as low carb wet food. i did give him "snacks" but they were only his wet food. if he seemed hungry i would give him half a can here and there. i have been told it is actually better to feed them several small meals a day, i guess it helps stimulate the pancreas. in all he was probably have a total of anywhere from 4-6 cans of food a day, and he is a 13lb. kitty. really every cat is different. you just gotta do the low and slow thing, and if he seems hungry let him eat. i feed him only low carb Fancy Feast.

10. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

I have read that every 8th get gets diet controlled. Mine have been too /Sophia since 2005 with wet food.. she is creeping up now which concerns me.. but you still need to test from time to time... to be sure that squishy stays diet controlled... we are also keeping an eye on my Greylie sinc ehe urinates so much/this is now due to kidney problems.

It was a great feeling to realize that we did not have to 'torture' Sophia and have to take her to the vet when we went away... we sure hope it will stay that way.....

I am so glad for you,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.