Status of updated Food List??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sehjak (Susan & Lanky), Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

I recall reading where an effort was being made (with the help of volunteers) to update those invaluable food lists that we all use to select low carbohydrate & in my case low phosphorus, canned cat food. However, I am not sure of the status of the effort, whether the tasks have been completed, or whether more volunteer help is need. Can someone fill me in on status? Also, if a new, updated list exists can someone tell me where it is located?

Thx

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

You can PM Janet & Binky as she is in charge of the food list.

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I believe it might be this effort that you are recalling. That's not the same as Janet's list.

This is somethingKaren and Angus recently did that might interest you.

4. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Updating those lists has been stalled because of ME. Apologies. I'm trying to get that re-started and organized because a lot of people have put in a lot of effort to help us out. Thanks, peeps!

Also, AvianDoc, a veterinarian named Dr. Lynne has shared her own personal food shopping lists. Thank you, Dr. Lynne! And she has had 12 cat patients go off insulin in the last year following her food protocol. :RAHCAT

You can download Dr. Lynne's list in .pdf form here: http://www.felinediabetes.com/DrLynneFoodList.pdf (Right click on the link to get it to open in a new tab.)

Best,
    Rebecca the Sloth

5. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

I have obtained some recent nutrient lists for a few brands/varieties. I am happy to contribute these and/or do some more calling around. I am not confident that I can do the conversions accurately, but happy to forward the data to Janet or whomever for interpretation to further the cause.
    I've been trying out many new foods as we've made the transition. Now that Hank is better, I plan to work more on my civvie. He is HARD CORE dry carb addict married to one food. Super PICKY. So will have to broaden even further trying to find more new options as so far almost nothing has worked for this tough 'i'd rather hunger strike than eat that' guy.
    I feed them the premium line stuff...several we've found are not on the list. Be so great to have current reliable info. We all rely so much on these to keep our babies healthy.

Let me know how I can help.

betty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.