Stella & Chewy's Freeze Dried- Carb/Phos??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by WileyWonderCat, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

About 6 months ago, I bought a bag of the Stella and Chewy's freeze dried chicken as an attempt to slowly transition my cats to raw. This was before Wiley's diabetes relapse and CKD diagnosis. Since August, I've been feeding both cats wet food instead (and stopped the raw transition) to help Wiley's health conditions - and also because his appetite hasn't been great and he never showed much interest in the S&C.

Anyway, now I started adding a bit of the S&C with water to my civvie's food so that the bag of food doesn't go to waste...and because I still would like to get him on raw eventually. And now Wiley has decided that he wants to have some since it's on his brother's plate! :facepalm: So I'm curious if anyone has had any luck with getting carb and phosphorous values for S&C. I have read that they are pretty secretive. Because of that, I don't plan to purchase it again. I will try and move them to a different raw food if possible. But in the meantime, I'm trying to determine if it's relatively safe for CKD and low carb (since Wiley is now OTJ). I assume it's low carb, but have no clue on the phos level.

Edited to add: forgot to mention that Wiley is on a binder, but I'm still trying to keep the phos levels at a minimum if possible

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I don't know the carb or phosphorus values but I do know that Squallie, who is extremely carb-sensitive, can eat it with no rise in BG.

WileyWonderCat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.