Steroids :s

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diggys mum, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggys mum

Diggys mum New Member

hello my cat diggy has recently been diagnosed with diabetes. He’s been on steroids (dexamethasone) for his asthma which helps him tremendously.
    So my worry is... he needs his rhoids but I’m afraid it’s not going to let me regulate his diabetes. Any suggestions?

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! If Diggy needs steroids then it will make things a bit more difficult, but certainly not impossible. We have others with both conditions that may have suggestions for you. Come to the Main health forum and tell us more about Diggy. Include the word asthma in your thread title to get some attention

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  3. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Welcome! Hi Diggys mum! My cat has diabetes diagnosed in August 17. About 4 months ago she began having problems with IBD. (Irritable Bowel Disease) After trying multiple medications & remedy’s, the vet decided that she needed a steroid. So while Baby doesn’t always have perfect bg numbers, it is very easy to dose insulin as needed. You can dose for both! We have stickie notes to read at the top of each forum that provide a wealth of information. Please ask any questions that you need.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of good information here with a very supportive, informed community. To get started, could you make a signature and tell us more about Diggy? You can see the signatures below our posts in the lighter gray text. Here is a link on how to do that: SIGNATURE Please also let us know where you are geographically, in either the signature or in your profile info.

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.