Still bouncing? Should I lower dose?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MelissaEbby, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelissaEbby

MelissaEbby Member

Ebby is still getting pretty high pre shot numbers. Should I stay at 1 unit for awhile longer, or possibly try a .5 dose? She was at a .5 dose before her dental and didn't seem to do much, but she also had a bad infection. This was also before I was able to get blood tests, so I don't have data for those times. She seems pretty active and happy during her highs; if anything seems a little dopy and lethargic during her lower numbers.

One thing I find interesting is she had her best day, number wise, when she went to the vet in the morning. That day she had a +11 of 113. It's weird, because I would have assumed that that was a stressful day for her, and would have sent her numbers higher. I have tried to look into the dosing protocol for prozinc, but from what I have read there is no exact formula to go by, so any more information from others would be wonderful.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I would up the dose to 1.25 When you did the curve on 5/28, she didn't drop too low so you have room to increase. Her numbers aren't bad but can certainly go down.

Generally the guideline is to wait 3 cycles, getting midcycle and preshot numbers. If she is not in regulated numbers (Around mid 200 for preshot and double digits for nadir, but not below 40) then increase by .25

If you want to start posting in the PZI forum, everyone there has experience with your insulin. You can post daily with your numbers so we can keep up with her progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.