Switching food and dental vet?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Allie & Cloud, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie & Cloud

Allie & Cloud Member

Hey, possibly a not complicated question but while at the store I noticed the friskies is way more budget friendly then my other stuff. ( purinxa true nature ). Now cloud is currently going into remission!! Hoorah ! But I wonder should I wait to switch him?
    Will switching him put him back on the juice?
    The carb ratio is the same on both brands but the calorie is nearly double will that be an issue?

Dental question, I know you have to keep food for 8-12 hours before a teeth cleaning / anasthesia. Will this harm his remission? And will not feeding him mess with it or ruin all the hard work

Sorry for multiple questions !

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to look in on you and Cloud! I'm so sorry no one responded to this post earlier. I'm just seeing it now and guess it may have been a heavy traffic time on the board and your message got shifted down the list and missed. :(

Witholding food for the dental work won't ruin the progress you have made. And as long as you stick with roughly the same carb level of food and watch Cloud's calorie intake (feed according to his ideal weight) I don't think the change should make any substantial difference. Now that said, I'd try the Friskies before buying a big supply and check after his meal to see what the BG rise is compared to his current food rise. There can sometimes be ingredients in foods that one cat may react to more than others so a trial run for a meal or two to ensure it's not raising BG wouldn't hurt.

Cloud is doing great! I'm so excited for you! Just a few more days and it will be official. animated-garfield-image-0100.gif I'll be watching!

Yong & Maury GA and TempestsMum like this.
  3. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

I will be shaking my imaginary Pom poms when it's official! Well done! :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.