Switching From FF To Friskies Or Special Kitty

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Blackie's been on the FF diet since Tuesday night. She still has the runs, and this afternoon she has a very tiny hard poop at 4:27 p.m. No blood, thank goodness.

IF this doesn't clear up any time soon, and I decide to switch her to the Friskies, or the Special Kitty brands, would I need to do it gradually so as to not upset her tummy any further, or can I just make a cold turkey switchover? Lord knows... I think she's had enough with runny stool. LOL (my poor little love)

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

If I were you, Angie, I would start with one kind of food and one flavor. Feed it for several cycles and see how she does. It may be that she is sensitive to one kind of protein. Niko doesn't do well with beef, for example.

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Ok, thank you. :) I'm still learning, and I have 9 cats in total. You'd think I'd know by now. :oops:

4. Susan G and Tiger GA

Susan G and Tiger GA Member

our julia cannot tolerate beef, and tabby and julia get the runs from fish flavors. we stick to chicken and turkey ff, w/o gravy!

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

I'm getting the chicken for the time being, and will see if this improves. I gave her the Turkey and Giblets one this morning as I didn't have any more chicken flavor to give her. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.