? Switching from FF to raw

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SpotsMom, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

After another frustrating day of trying to coax kitty into eating food he used to love, I’ve been searching the interwebs trying to figure out what I could be doing differently. I’m seriously considering switching him over to a raw diet but I’m not sure what to expect.

Anyone else out there have a picky eater you have tried switching over to raw? I’m thinking about making food at home with the food fur life mix in, but would like to hear some experiences. Worth trying or don’t bother? Pros and cons? Anything I can try first to make the transition easier?

I might be over thinking this but I’ve gone through so many foods for him trying in vain to find something he’ll stick with.... I just want to make sure it’s the right choice....

Thanks for your input!!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Here are two people who do it:
    @Rachel @Djamila

SpotsMom likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Well my kitties aren't really picky eaters per se...but I will say that when I switched to raw, they LOVED it. I did a slow transition, mixing the raw into their canned food, and within the first day, they were eating the raw out of the bowls first and only eating the canned food once they had finished ALL the raw. For the first few weeks, they ate every bite of the food as soon as I put it down. They've calmed down now (they figured out it isn't going anywhere) and eat more slowly now.

I don't use the food fur life...I use the recipe on catinfo.org. What I've heard, though, is that the food fur life is kind of like kitty crack too...cats seem to LOVE it!

I highly recommend the change. I was nervous at first, but I'm glad we did it. My cats don't even always eat all their food now. Sometimes they do, but often enough they leave maybe half a bowl behind. I think they're more full since they're getting proper nutrition. They used to start begging for food at least 2 hours before dinner (sometimes even earlier than that) but now they never do.

Djamila uses the food fur life and I'm sure she'll pop in with info later. Any questions I can answer? I'm glad to help out however I can!

4. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Oh you make it sound so easy haha! I can only hope Spot transitions so easily :nailbiting:

Rachel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.