Switching from vetsulin to prozinc: Part 8

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and Smoky, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I see that he was OK after the 168 last night. It's interesting that he's had fewer AM pinks even with the steroid.

2. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

Those are his results when I gave him the budesonide every other day.
    Hmmm...;)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  3. Lisa and Smoky

Smoky was 176 for AMPS for Feb 22!
    He didn't have his steroid last night. I can't monitor him during the day so I'm giving him a reduced dose of 1U for am.
    I thought about 1.25 to 1.5 units but not comfortable with that when I'm at work.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Reason for edit: New info
  4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Wow!!!! What a great AMPS! Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Sounds good, Lisa! :) What a great number! That string of yellow AMPSs even with the steroid was telling you something ...

6. Lisa and Smoky

Oops I meant to say I didn't want to give him 1.25 to 1.5 units this morning. Now my vet is telling me she wants to do a recheck before giving me a refill on the budesonide. She then suggested more blood work and I told her no way.:mad: Smoky had blood work done 4 times in less than three months. I'm about to take him back to his old vet again.:confused:

7. Lisa and Smoky

Smoky was 163 for PMPS so I gave him 1 unit of insulin. His appetite is down quite a bit today and he seems pretty lethargic.
    I gave him the budesonide tonight although it was a huge struggle. I won't get the pill gun until Monday o_O and it took me forever to get him to swallow the pill. Smoky is usually a very easy cat to give pills too. I'm very worried about him since he doesn't seem to feel well and I hate seeing him looking so miserable.:(
    I just updated to part 9, thread was getting a little long

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Reason for edit: New info
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.