? switching to can food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherrib, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

This Morning I started switching over to can from Hills MD dry.
    I picked up his food at 7;30 , at 9:00 he got his shot AMPS 461 and some friskies poultry platter pate mixed w water, he just ate a little so about 30- 40 mins later he wanted more. has not had any since ( broke down gave him more can, he ate the rest of it which was about 1/4 of the can )

AMPS - 461 ( gave 4.5 units ) ( 9:00 AM)
    +2- 266 ( 11:00 AM )

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Sherri. Great that you are switching Skittles over to canned food. If you can pick up Skittles food 2 hours before his shot, you will get a reading that is not food influenced but the hour and a half is not bad either. As you are making the switch from dry to wet food, you will need to check Skittles glucose readings a little more frequently because switching to a low carb wet diet can have a profound effect on readings and Skittles' insulin requirements. I would highly suggest you start posting on the ProZinc forum where you will get advice and support from folks very experienced with ProZinc to guide you through the diet switch.

3. sherrib

Thank you, I am posting in that forum as well. Since this is sorta a health issue I taught I needed to post here.

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Glad you are posting in the ProZinc forum. It looks to me like Skittles' nadir has sometimes been around 4-6 hours post shot so I'd be very vigilent today with that large drop after 2 hours. You'll be in the best hands on the ProZinc forum.

5. sherrib

added more info to original post above

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.