Switching to New Foods: Need Help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by skybar22, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skybar22

skybar22 Well-Known Member

I am starting a new thread because I really need some advice about switching over to new foods now that they are beginning to arrive.

I just received some cat food that I ordered on line. She refused Evo, all flavors and she refused Wellness Beef and Chicken which is all they had.

She did eat some Avoderm tuna and crab but the label didn't match the ingredients I saw online and it seems they have added tapioca starch to their recipe. Since it was the 5th ingredient and I only gave her 1/2 of a 3 oz. can I am hoping it won't effect her negatively. She is diet controlled but I won't be feeding her this again. My big lesson: Read the ingredients on the can and don't trust what it says online.

So these premium foods, which are all pretty high fat, do not appeal to her.

If any of you are praying people, please pray that Morgainbe will love Sophisicat or Friskies. I have several other brands coming but most are premium foods and she seems to like the lower cost foods. I am really getting concerned that she won't eat any of it and I don't have enough of the old FF formula to mix it in with new foods.

2. SaraJaye

SaraJaye Member

This sounds tough; I feel your pain. I've heard that sprinkling parmesan cheese ontop is helpful. You could also buy some all-protein treats to mix in - my cat goes nuts for Halo live-a-littles freeze-dried chicken treats. There is another brand that makes the same but I forget the name. Some cats just need a gradual introduction by mixing the old food with the new - - gradually making it more "new" food and less "old" food. I know it's scary and frustrating right now but don't worry - you'll get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.