Syringes - what is better Monoject or BD?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

And what about the gauge?

I am currently using the BD 31G X 3/10ml x 5/16 (8MM) syringe with half markings. With that little plastic hood it has you can't really get a good read with calipers at least I can't seem to. Have been using the insulin ruler but really wonder how accurate that is.

Was contemplating getting the monoject syringe and use calipers instead.

Thought I would throw this question out and see what people are using.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Monojects all the way. I'll never go back to BD! Monojects have a softer feel to them and the tabs under the plunger are a much softer plastic. If you can find them, now discontinued, get the Ultra-Comfort in the pale blue box. I find them in tiny drugstores under an inch of dust and buy out their stock. And I've never had a Monoject with a defective O-ring or sticky plunger. BD has the North American hospital industry in their pockets, Monojects are for oddballs that don't deal in huge contracts. If you think that sounds like a conspiracy theory than why is Campbell soup always on the top 5 rows and everything else is on the bottom shelf? The grassy knoll of syringes!

3. Wesley and Spicoli

Wesley and Spicoli Member

I've used both. I personally prefer the BD. This might be because my vet only sells them (Mono) in 1/2mL and I prefer 3/10 mL. And my retired pharmacist dad recommended BD when I told him I didn't care for the Mono. But I will say I'm currently shopping around for a different brand that has the 3/10 mL with preferably a needle shorter than 1/2". Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place... If I can't find the "perfect" one, I'll stay with the BD. Everyone has their preference :)

4. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Monoject vote here.

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I'm using BDs right now, and I like them okay. It's been so long since I've used Monojects that I can't remember! Both of them are better than Walmart's Relion brand, tho'!:)

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.