Tabitha, Russian Blue princess ISO HELP!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Denise, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denise

Denise Member

Tabitha was rescued from Prince Georges Animal Management Group (MD) on the day she was about to be euthanized. (This is the same shelter where Ahi was rescued--if any remember him) :D It was soon discovered that Tabitha is diabetic (not noticed by the pound attendants). At first it was believed to be food related because she was in such sorry shape but after several weeks, she has not improved and is on two units of (synthetic) insulin 2x a day which still does not seem to be regulating her. This girl really needs to find a home with someone who has the time to really work with her. She is a gorgeous Russian Blue mix, about 18 months old. She has been spayed, had all her shots and is combo tested. Please email cawad @ cox.net (remove spaces) (or me, Denise) if you can help Tabitha! Her photo is posted: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/15773412

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

have you gotten in touch with Venita from this board? She manages the the diabetic cats in need group and helps with finding homes.

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hope has posted Tabitha on the DCIN Yahoo Group and I have put a courtesy post on the DCIN blog. What a beauty this one is.

The Petfinder page said that Tabitha's diabetes was food-induced from too little fat in her diet. Anyone know what that means?

4. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

My guess is someone didn't know what they really meant. I'd bet she was on a high carb dry diet. Maybe they meant too little protein?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.