Taco 10/10/18 AMPS 273,+2 318,+4 328,+6 267,+8 220,+10 213,PMPS 185,+3 284,+5 260,+11 253

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cindy&Taco, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...99-11-259-pmps-257-2-267-5-291-11-269.204569/

This is Tacos 3rd day, but, not quite finished with the 6 cycles, still has tonight on the 2.75. If he keeps at similar numbers as the last 5 cycles, do I increase by .25 or .50? It's a little confusing to me as he goes from pink to yellow. Can you look at his SS and let me know what I should do, if he stays the same? Thank you:bighug:

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'll tag some of the experts to help you with dosing @Bobbie And Bubba, @Jill & Alex (GA), @Marje and Gracie

Typically dose increases and decreases are in .25 units. Let's see if they respond and provide you with some additional information/support.

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When looking at increases, ask yourself the question "how low does this dose take my cat". For Taco on this dose so far, the answer is yellows. But he hasn't had a full six cycles on this dose yet, so the answer could change. Regardless, for nadirs below 300, and at this size of dose, the increase would be by 0.25 units tomorrow, if you don't see anything lower by then. Since the previous dose got him to low blues, I wouldn't rush an increase.

BTW, Marje is out of town. For dosing help, rather than tag people, it's best to do as you did which is ask for dosing help with the question mark icon.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

It does look like you will need to increase by 0.25u.

5. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

So, if he continues the way he's been going on this 2.75, would you hold that dose longer?, I've been advised here not to hold on to a dose if it does not change things, that's why I get confused :( I'm all for holding a dose if Taco is not in danger, either too low or too high. Feedback please ?:bighug:

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Make sure you wait at least six cycles before evaluating the dose. A dose giving low blues I would hold at least eight cycles. But if he is only giving you yellows, I would go up after six.