Taco10/8. AMPS 158,+2 297,+4 331,+6 281,+8 340,+10 263,+11 298,PMPS 250,+2 365,+5 347,+11 238

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cindy&Taco, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...105-11-112-pmps-104-1-172-3-169-5-146.204359/

Copied & pasted from 10/7 condo , I said, So , I made the descision to increase Tacos dose this AM to 2.75 u of Levemir , even tho I was scared with the all new blue numbers. To be continued,on next 10/8 condo. after the +5 146, comes a +8 146, and a +11 149. See SS.

So upset, what in the world?? I thought for sure we were there or close to it. He got his increase after 6 cycles, so lets see where this goes,
    Some bad boys must have snuck in around +2 and +4, because I know my grandson would NEVER get high without influence from others ;) I have to laugh or I'm on the verge of crying :(

2. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Hugs and vines for you and Taco :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Gill & George and Cindy&Taco like this.
  4. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Even if he just got his increase for the first time,4 hours before that? It seems like a pattern for him ,could it be the end of the previous dose , like he runs out of juice around + 16 , even tho there's no +16 realistically? Does that make sense ?

5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I think he just bounced, that's the longest time he spent in blue for quite a while and is just not used to it. Technically almost 24 hours but if you squint that 208 is almost blue, and it's more like 36hours in a range that was most likely below his renal threshold, this is good, don't dispair.
    NDW is also a possibility.

Remember you won't see the full effect of the dose until the bounce/ndw clears and the depot settles, paws crossed its sooner rather than later.

6. Gill & George

Yes it's possible you had a lack of duration and he went up before the next dose kicked in.
    Did he get anything different foodwise last night?

It's hard to tell if he nadired early his numbers were so flat in the pm cycle.

Once you send how this morning's cycle plays out you'll have a better idea.

7. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Nothing different, I'm just baffled, I really thought that was it, even going for the increase when I was scared to. Now , he's gone up even more :(

Gill & George likes this.
  8. Gill & George

I think it's more likely a bounce, he went up significantly at +2, his Lev shot would not have even onset by then.

If I'm honest I was surprised to still see him in blue at amps this morning I was expecting a bounce. Or as I liked to call them pokey break.

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  9. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

That's why I was so willing to do the increase this AM with him in the blue(give his little butt a boost ;) ) But, oh well, onward and forward we go.