Tandy Honeymooning

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Terri & Tananda, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terri & Tananda

Terri & Tananda Member

Tananda went onto PZI Easter weekend after going Hyper. She settled out at 1/2 unit twice a day, then started going 2 and 3 days without needing a shot. So I lowered her dose to 1/4 unit when needed, she continued to have these short honeymoons. Tandy is now in her 4th week of "no shoot". I knew remission was a possibility, but considering Tandy's numbers were so high for so long, I didn't think she was a candidate for remission and defiantly not this soon. I continue to check her numbers twice a day, she is hanging around 80-120, with a 1 time high of 200. She also asks to walk on "her" treadmill multiple times a day. I allow her 6 minutes 3x a day (Dr. recommended due to heart condition). She has gone from a 7 lb bag of bones to a sleek 9 lb kitty. Both the vet and myself couldn't be more pleased with her progress.

For everything she has been through I think Tandy deserved a round of "apaws".posting.php?mode=smilies&f=28#

2. cjleo

cjleo Member

Terri,

Congratulations from a neighbor (fairly close anyway). That is awesome news. So exciting when they go OTJ.

Claudia

3. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

This is wonderful news. Congratulations :mrgreen:

4. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

congratulations! How exciting ...

5. TanyaK

TanyaK New Member

Thats great news!

I am curious though, about this treadmill of hers? How does it work?

6. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

Congratulations!!! Good job Tandy!

... but wait... "she walks on a treadmill"?!? @-) Do you happen to have pictures of this? :D

7. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

*apaws*, Tandy!!! :mrgreen:

8. Terri & Tananda

Terri & Tananda Member

Thank you everybody. The number I just got from Tandy a few hours ago is 85, so she is still holding steady.

And yes, she does walk on a treadmill. After a few mis-fires on getting her to exercise, I made an off-hand comment to my vet about putting Tandy on a treadmill and placing a basket over her, she would either walk or have a groomed belly. The Doctor forwarded some information to me on treadmills made for dogs. Some scaled down for smaller dogs and full size treadmills for larger dogs. I balked at the price, $500.00 for a treadmill that I can't use.......so I went to wal-mart and bought one that everyone in the house, including Tandy could use. At first she walked using a harness and leash to keep her from jumping off. Now, she meows at the door of the basement several times a day. When I open the door, she runs down the stair ahead of me, jumps onto her treadmill and waits for me to turn it on.

I have been trying to get a video, but technical difficulties keep getting in the way. When I have one, I'll post a you tube link.

9. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

Congratulations!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.